What is teeth alignment?
Teeth alignment involves the repair of defects related to occlusion of the teeth. Crowded and crooked teeth as well as an improper bite can affect normal function and aesthetics. Proper alignment of the teeth will help with mastication or chewing, improve your appearance and increase your self-confidence.
What are the benefits of teeth alignment?
The benefits of teeth alignment include:
- Improved appearance
- Relief of pain and discomfort due to malocclusion
- Improved oral hygiene
- Prevention of periodontal disease
- Improved mastication (ability to chew food properly)
What conditions require teeth alignment?
The conditions that may require teeth alignment include:
- Crowding of teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Impacted teeth
- Clicking or painful jaw movement
- Poor aesthetics
Who can benefit from teeth alignment?
Teeth alignment can benefit all age groups from young children, even before all permanent teeth have erupted, to adults and the elderly. It is a common misconception that teeth alignment should only be done during adolescence.
What are the various treatments offered for teeth alignment?
The various treatments offered for teeth alignment include:
- Kids Braces - Braces specially designed to align children’s teeth.
- Teeth-Colored Braces - These braces are similar in function to regular braces except they are made of clear material which makes them more aesthetically pleasing.
- Invisalign - Clear aligners that work almost twice as fast as traditional aligners.
- 6 Month Smiles - "Rapid" adult braces which offer an easy, affordable, and effective alternative to traditional orthodontics and porcelain veneers in many cases. These remarkable results are possible in about 6 months.